Tracking contact data in Workevo
Instructions on how standard and custom attribute data is available in workevo.
You can group your contacts based on who they name and what they do. We store three types of data about your contact:
- Standard attribute data (a default dataset that we’ve set up on your contacts).
- Custom attribute data (the data you send us about your contact).
- Events (data recording specific actions your contacts make).
Below, we' ll explain how these types of data work and how you can take advantage of them.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Region Code
- Postal Code
- Country Code
- Signed Up
- First Seen
- Last Seen
- Date Added
- Last Modified Date
- Last Automation Triggered
- Last Automation Completed
- Last Received Automation Email
- Last Opened Automation Email
- Last Automation Email Link Clicked
- Last Received Automation SMS
- Web Sessions
- Unsubscribed From Emails
- Marked Email as Spam
- Has Hard Bounced
- Has Submitted Form
- Browser Language
- Browser Version
- UTM Campaign
- UTM Source
- UTM Medium
- UTM Term
- UTM Content
- Referral URL
Note: The standard data attribute is case sensitive, for accurate syntax, you should use it when you send this data to the contact.
Now, when you're equipped with data, you can quickly filter your user base by answering questions like:
- Who signed up last week?
- Who registered once but never came back?
- What users on the free package have not upgraded?
- How many users have over 1, 000 twitter followers?
- Who used it regularly until a month ago and then they left?
You can combine multiple complex filters, and create segments based on these filters. For example, if you want to encourage new users to create their first project, you can send an email to a “registered user for less than 30 days”.
Could not load image
Note: Standard data properties are automatically updated.
For example, if a new user registered or logged in today will be automatically updated in the list.
Workevo allows you to send custom attributes about your users, and all of them will also show up in your user list. Custom data attributes are the information you submit to us about your users, such as the number of times they have purchased an item from your store, the number of projects they have, or the plan they are working on. For example, if you have a music sharing app, you can send us via the number of songs the user has played or the number of followers they have.
- You can send us any attributes you want to understand better your customers, and all will show up in Workevo. You will find more examples here.
- You can create custom attributes about your users and/or the companies they belong to.
- You cannot create custom attributes with the same name as standard properties.
You can apply filters based on custom data attributes, the same way you do with standard data attributes.
Could not load image
Once you have applied your filters, you can send these users and visitors targeted messages.
Note: Workevo allows string-based operators for strings, numeric operators for numeric values, and simple true/false filters for booleans.
You can send events to Workevo, to record whenever users take specific actions in your product. Events record the first and last time a user did something and the total number of times they did something. For example, you might see the first time a user clicks on a particular page or when they buy the most recent item.
Events will show up in your user list, and you can filter them to answer questions like:
- Have users visited the same product page a lot recently?
- Did they use the export feature a series of times?
- Did they downgrade their plans?
- Ready to go with the event?
You can learn how to send events to Workevo, along with metadata about those events here.