Comment on page
The automation builder explanation
In this section, we will discuss the specific details of how automation works.
Automating activation is a condition that when met, will start the automation process. You can identify those conditions by adding triggers to your automation. You can have multiple triggers so your automation can start with many different conditions.
- Contact added: Automation starts when a contact is added to the contact list
- Submit a form: Automation begins when a specific form is submitted, or any form is submitted. If the opt-in confirmation is turned on, automation will not start until the contact confirms.
- Open/read the email: Automation starts when an email is opened.
- Enter a link in an email: Automation starts when a link in an email is clicked.
- Website visited: Automation starts when a website is accessed via contacts.
- Recorded event: Automation starts when a contact executes a custom event you specify beforehand that is recorded by Workevo.
- Tags added: Automation starts when a tag is added to a contact.
- Tag deleted: Automation starts when a tag is deleted from a contact.
- Change property: Automation starts when the property of contact is updated.
- Email: Send an email to contact.
- Update contact: Updates a field in Contacts.
- Add a tag: Add a tag to the contact.
- Delete a tag: Remove a tag from the contact.
- Delete contact: Delete a contact from the list.
- Wait: Wait for a certain amount of time.
- Condition: Dividing paths based on conditions.
If you cannot see the whole process when you are running a large automation suite so you can have 2 options:
- You can scroll your window vertically and horizontally: To make it easier to see, you can center it on the screen by scrolling up/down or left/right.
- You can zoom in or out: Click the +/- icon in the lower right corner of the screen to see the whole process.
To delete the "activation", "steps", move the mouse to the "activation," steps "delete icon appears in the upper right corner of the" activation "," steps ".
When there are any changes, the automation builder will be automatically saved as a draft, so you don't need to do it yourself. You can see the status of automation in your automation list.
The name of each automation can also edit, view, change the name you want. Naming automation will help you better manage your ideas.
You should pause automation before you need to change something in the automation when it is active, such as adding, editing, or deleting steps. This will keep your customers from having trouble... After all changes have been completed, you can turn your automation back to active status, and the contacts will continue at the corresponding steps in automation.
Notes: Be careful when fixing any action in your automation. Be sure about all your triggers and actions before you start an automation. Because once you launch it, all your previous contacts have been activated, and your new changes will not be applied to those contacts.
Workevo will help you export your automation processes to a .json file. Automating exporting will help you share ideas with colleagues, which will help you improve the logic of your automation.
Workevo allows you to send emails to all contacts in the contact list manually. Manual emailing allows all teams to work with a mailbox through one or several different email providers.
In manual emailing, you can save personalized email templates so your team can share and use unique emails in the same format.